[ Post Reply | Return to the Index | Previous In Thread | Previous | Next ]

Re: I need to find this song!

Posted by tr909 on Sunday, 22nd June 2003 12:42 AM

LL COOL J TEAMS WITH WAYNE WONDER ON REMIX OF "NO LETTING GO"

In an effort to maintain the visibility of his hit single "No Letting Go," singer Wayne Wonder has recorded a remix of the song featuring rapper LL Cool J and LL's own protégé, a female rapper named Duchess.

The remix was recorded last week in New York and it was spearheaded by VP Records' Director of A&R, Joel Chin. Chin produced the remix, beefing up Stephen "Lenky" Marsden's "diwali" rhythm at the HC&F recording studio in Long Island. LL and Duchess' vocals were recorded at Sony Studios in Manhattan.

"Working with LL was an experience. It was a producer's dream come true to work with an artist like LL who has been in the business for so long, accomplished so much with his music and acting career and still, he's very humble and takes good direction. LL brings a lot to the table and he's cooperative and a true professional. Also, it was great that he truly loves the song," Chin told the Observer via telephone from his New York office yesterday.

Chin also worked with LL's protégé, an up and coming female rapper named Duchess. Chin adds "His (LL Cool J's) new artist is a diamond in the rough. She's young, but she's coming out the box tough. Duchess is a hot artist, and will become a force to reckon with, the more experience she gets."

In commenting on the collaboration, an enthusiastic Wayne Wonder said "A big ting dat, LL nah guh jump pon just any track. Mi have nuff respect for him. This is big for the song, and will attract even more ladies to it".

Hailing from St. Albans, Queens NY, LL Cool J is not only a pioneer of hip hop, but also a current chart topper as well. He recently topped the Billboard pop charts with "All I Have" collaboration with Jennifer Lopez. At 33-years old, LL Cool J has received two Grammy Awards, written his autobiography 'I Make My Own Rules' and is the first rap artist to score six consecutive platinum-plus selling albums and six gold singles. He has the distinction of having the very first rap song to reach #1 on the Billboard R&B charts, when "I Need Love" soared to the top in 1987.

Wonder's album "No Holding Back" which was released on VP/Atlantic Records on March 4, has to date sold more than 200,000 copies. The album's first single "No Letting Go" is currently #14 on the R&B chart, #21 on the Hot 100 chart and #10 on the Rap Singles chart. It had spent 6 weeks at #1 on the New York reggae charts last year.

Over the years, quite a few reggae artistes have teamed with rap and hip hop acts for remixes. Among them are Spragga Benz, Shabba Ranks, Mad Cobra, Don Yute, Stephen Marley and most recently Sean Paul.

Post a New Response
Your Name:
E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
enter both the URL address and the title of the page:
Link URL:
Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
enter the URL address of the image file:
Image URL:

SPRACI