SPRACIASIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Sound Systems / Audio (international) -> Re: speaker power question???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budarz

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2003 07:04    Post subject: speaker power question??? Reply with quote

Hey, here's a real basic question that i need answered: I'm trying to figure out how to
set up my car stereo/amp system. I have a JVC sh99 digifine head unit that claims to put
out 200W. I'm sure it's nothing close to 50rms x 4. Probably 10 or so. I have polk 4x6
front speakers and MB Quart 6.5" rears with separate tweeters. No sub. The amp is a
Kenwood that puts out a real 25W rms x 4 or 70W rms x 2.

I don't tend to listen to music too loudly. I just want good, clean, balanced sound at
moderate volume - no need to rattle the licence plate. Since the MBs are rated at 70 to
150W each, if I choose to give them only 25 each and power the fronts with the other 25,
am I likely to sacrifice bass even at moderate volume in the MBs, or would it only be
apparent that they are underpowered when I try to crank it? The fronts just don't make
much sound in comparison running off the headunit. Please advise.

T

altittude

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2003 21:28    Post subject: Re: speaker power question??? Reply with quote

hey i would suggest u do what u stated and you are correct it will only start seeming
underpowered or distorting if u try to crank it up , u shouldnt lose any bass at a good
listening volume !

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Sound Systems / Audio (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: