SPRACIAUSTRALIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Charts & Playlists (international) -> Re: I need to find this song!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeejayProdigyP

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2003 23:06    Post subject: I need to find this song! Reply with quote

Theres this song by Wayne Wonder called: No Holding Back..and the version 106.7 played on
the radio was more of a breaks/trance sound instead of the original version which is
reggae...so basically it was remixed by someone..and I was like "whao..man i really want
that vynal"icon_smile.gif so i would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me the exact name of the
remixed song, who was the song composed or remixed by, and if u know where I can purchase
the vynal or cd ...hook a faithful listener up..k..Thanx Dj Prodigy P

tr909

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2003 23:42    Post subject: Re: I need to find this song! Reply with quote

LL COOL J TEAMS WITH WAYNE WONDER ON REMIX OF "NO LETTING GO"

In an effort to maintain the visibility of his hit single "No Letting Go," singer Wayne
Wonder has recorded a remix of the song featuring rapper LL Cool J and LL's own protg, a
female rapper named Duchess.

The remix was recorded last week in New York and it was spearheaded by VP Records'
Director of A&R, Joel Chin. Chin produced the remix, beefing up Stephen "Lenky" Marsden's
"diwali" rhythm at the HC&F recording studio in Long Island. LL and Duchess' vocals were
recorded at Sony Studios in Manhattan.

"Working with LL was an experience. It was a producer's dream come true to work with an
artist like LL who has been in the business for so long, accomplished so much with his
music and acting career and still, he's very humble and takes good direction. LL brings a
lot to the table and he's cooperative and a true professional. Also, it was great that he
truly loves the song," Chin told the Observer via telephone from his New York office
yesterday.

Chin also worked with LL's protg, an up and coming female rapper named Duchess. Chin
adds "His (LL Cool J's) new artist is a diamond in the rough. She's young, but she's
coming out the box tough. Duchess is a hot artist, and will become a force to reckon with,
the more experience she gets."

In commenting on the collaboration, an enthusiastic Wayne Wonder said "A big ting dat, LL
nah guh jump pon just any track. Mi have nuff respect for him. This is big for the song,
and will attract even more ladies to it".

Hailing from St. Albans, Queens NY, LL Cool J is not only a pioneer of hip hop, but also a
current chart topper as well. He recently topped the Billboard pop charts with "All I
Have" collaboration with Jennifer Lopez. At 33-years old, LL Cool J has received two
Grammy Awards, written his autobiography 'I Make My Own Rules' and is the first rap artist
to score six consecutive platinum-plus selling albums and six gold singles. He has the
distinction of having the very first rap song to reach #1 on the Billboard R&B charts,
when "I Need Love" soared to the top in 1987.

Wonder's album "No Holding Back" which was released on VP/Atlantic Records on March 4, has
to date sold more than 200,000 copies. The album's first single "No Letting Go" is
currently #14 on the R&B chart, #21 on the Hot 100 chart and #10 on the Rap Singles chart.
It had spent 6 weeks at #1 on the New York reggae charts last year.

Over the years, quite a few reggae artistes have teamed with rap and hip hop acts for
remixes. Among them are Spragga Benz, Shabba Ranks, Mad Cobra, Don Yute, Stephen Marley
and most recently Sean Paul.

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Charts & Playlists (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: