SPRACIASIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Video (international) -> Re: Video Editing Question without DR?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Help

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2002 02:20    Post subject: Video Editing Question without DR? Reply with quote

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me out, I was wondering if there is any I can
edit video on my computer without a Digital Recorder, heres is my objectives and what i
have:
I have an old panasonic recorder (liquid crystal video recorder, Hi-Fi Monaural, model
VL-335)and want to take my recorded video from that and put it on my computer and edit
that video on my computer so i make a mix tape, I have been told i have to havwe a Digital
Recorder but is there any other way I could do it without a Digital Recorder is so reply
back or email me: Angels02@fastmail.fm

-Thanks

Pete Sparks

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2002 19:54    Post subject: Re: Video Editing Question without DR? Reply with quote

You can always get someone like DVD Infinity (Australia) or YesVideo(USA) to transfer the
video to DVD and then edit.

John Strickland

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2003 09:54    Post subject: Re: Video Editing Question without DR? Reply with quote

I used YesVideo in the USA. They claim to have this great technology that makes your video
more watchable. I put a video in at one of their shops. I thought this is great -
automated technology that creates a great DVD.

I was really let down for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I found that the video was sent via post from the store. My precious tape was
sent through the ordinary mail - what if it had been lost. Probably not that important
with this tape as I had the original on my computer.

Then it came back. The index pictures were all in the middle of special effects that I
edited into my video. They looked terrible.

Next, I couldn't find a player that would play the DVD. I tried 6 players. I rang YesVideo
(the shop couldn't help) and they said that it would work in a Pioneer. great it works in
one player I thought. At last I found a Pioneer DVD player that it worked on. I tried a
computer and it didn't work. When I got through to the customer service area, I was told
that I needed to setup stuff, which I did. It still didn't work. YesVideo response was
"Tuff".

When I did actually play it, it didn't look as good as when I played it on my computer or
through my digital video camera. The scene selections were all over the place. Nothing at
logical points which is what I understood they claimed.

If anyone knows anyone who does a professional job. please let me know.

I feel very deceived by their slick marketing.

John Strickland (LLB)

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Video (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: