SPRACIASIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Sound Systems / Audio (international) -> Re: system failure
This is a reply to an article - See Article :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
diverse72

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2003 06:23    Post subject: system failure Reply with quote

if dj-ing/playing in venue or club and the system goes down,wots the first three things to
do, this is not a trick question.

djchris

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2003 17:51    Post subject: Re: system failure Reply with quote

First thing- look at the power switches/ supply make sure not bimped off some how, if so
turn back on.

Secondly- check main switch board/ explain what is happening to crowd

Thirdly- fulses etc use back up gear if avail, if not bassicaly ya stuffed

diverse72

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2003 01:14    Post subject: Re: system failure Reply with quote

thanks for that bit of info chris,r u a london based dj?

djdennis

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2005 18:13    Post subject: Re: system failure Reply with quote

plus if you still dont know what to do - LEAR from someone that does

if you are a veteran in the industry you would have already made a list on what to check
to repair as well

just make sure you are always a boy scout "BE PREPARED"

have a nice day

...Lost

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2005 20:06    Post subject: Re: system failure Reply with quote

Try search tough googel mobile web at search opp's try phone format should find a site
with a app's

djdennis

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2007 00:37    Post subject: Re: system failure Reply with quote

I must be Drunk, but did anyone know what this guy is talking about ???

paul217

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2007 22:21    Post subject: Re: system failure Reply with quote

djdennis, i'm not entirely sure that HE knows what he was on about!
another point of note that i would make though. if you find the "fault" (be it a bumped
switch, temp power failure or whatever), make sure you turn your gear OFF before
rectifying the fault. if everything is left switched on, and you plug that cord that's
come out at the wall back in, you could quite easily blow stuff (in particular, speakers).
i'd suggest that if your stuff goes down, that you turn off your gear (particularly your
amps, but also your console, tables, cd's and other things that go bump and boom), find
and rectify the problem, then turn stuff back on the requisite order as if you are
starting afresh. pain in the arse i know, but that's what i'd be doing with my own gear.
coming from the owner of a few blown speaker cones!

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Sound Systems / Audio (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: