SPRACIASIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Rock (international) -> Arden Kaywin-Quarter Life Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzikman

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006 03:35    Post subject: Arden Kaywin-Quarter Life Crisis Reply with quote

Artist: Arden Kaywin
Title: Quarter Life Crisis
Genre: Pop-Rock
Label: Independent
Website

Arden Kaywin is going through a Quarter Life Crisis and she wants to share it with
you through her music. What is most impressive about this independent release is that
Kaywin penned all of tracks herself. Even major releases do not include all original songs
at times so she is already ahead of the curve. The twenty-something post college crowd
should find common ground with this woman's music and message.

Although all of her songs have an upbeat atmosphere, the lyrics are not always as bubbly.
Kaywin explores her feelings and her cold-hearted world with a new set of eyes. Lost loves
and the need to be with someone that returns her love is all she is looking forbut it
seems so elusive.

The musicianship and production are first rate on this recording and those important
factors make Arden's voice sparkle and shine in every track. The only thing that I noticed
were there could have been some improvement was the inflection and mood of her voice. For
the most part, it stays the same throughout the CD regardless of what the subject matter
is. Being that this project is such an emotional statement, I think there should be a
noticeable amount of changing inflection in every track; however, it does not vary too
much.

Those observations aside, this was an enjoyable release with enough vibrancy and energy to
keep you interested from start to finish. If Arden Kaywin finds a way of wearing her heart
on her sleeve when she sings a song she is going to be a force to be reckoned with. She
could have a hit that is a real chart climber. Just knowing you have the foundation to
achieve greatness should be motivation enough to get right back in the studio for any
artist. So start recording that next album Arden, you have what it takes, just put more of
what you are feeling into your vocalizations and your listeners will be putty in your
hands.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck

February 14, 2006

01. Me With Me (3:39)
02. On The Edge (2:37)
03. When Will It Happen (3:26)
04. As Long As You Love Me (3:46)
05. Typical (3:30)
06. Homeland (3:35)
07. Unsaid (3:21)
08. What If (3:20)
09. Numb (3:19)
10. Over You (3:47)

Rating-7.5/10

Credits:

Arden Kaywin-Piano:
Ziv Gottlieb-Additional Piano
Rudy Haeusermann, Josh Delia-Guitars

Arden Kaywin Website

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Rock (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: