SPRACIVICTORIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Jazz (international) -> Shannon Janssen-The Keys Of Christmas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzikman

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2005 09:52    Post subject: Shannon Janssen-The Keys Of Christmas Reply with quote

Artist: Shannon Janssen
Title: The Keys Of Christmas
Genre: Jazz-New Age-Classical-Traditional
Label: Maxville Records
Website
CD Baby Link

This is the third album I have covered by Shannon Janssen and I am continually impressed
and enlightened by her tremendous talent on the piano.

The Keys Of Christmas came at a great time for me the past few days. The stress of
certain situations was bearing down on me, and I put this wonderful CD on then suddenly my
attitude began to change quickly. Not only did it put me in the holiday spirit, Janssen's
jazz-new age keyboard interpretations of yearly favorites and her own adaptations of
seasonal classics was so beautiful and inviting I had to keep giving it a spin, three
times in two days actually. When you hear something that is healing and spiritual you want
more, it is natural to feel drawn towards the light to put a smile back in your heart.

Once again, Mark Vincent Pence is on hand to lend his expertise to the recording process.
His orchestrations are the sweets for the sweet as they say. Pence is a real pro that
compliments the artistry of Shannon Janssen in just the right way. That slice of heaven
that Janssen is so adept in relaying in her music finds the perfect partner in well-timed
orchestrations.

As I recall, the last two albums I heard from this talented lady had the same effect on
me. Janssen has enormous potential and it is obvious to me now that she could decide to go
in any direction with styles of music and have success. Ultimately that is the position
any musician wants to be in, having no boundaries makes you more marketable. The only
things left for this woman is for the right individual to discover her and present
opportunities that allow those great talents to keep on growing and blossoming. This was
an obvious choice to make a Christmas album and every composition is strong, her piano
playing congeals with every element around her. What is there left to say? Holiday music
is supposed to make you feel great, and without a doubt, The Keys Of Christmas gets
the job done without any vocals. This album is a great triumph as most people like to sing
along to their favorite songs. Trust me when I say this, you will not find it necessary to
sing as your heart and soul will be singing right along every step of the way, and that is
all you need to make holiday music feel right.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck

December 20, 2005

Rating-9.5/10

01. O Come All Ye Faithful - Hark the Herald Angels Sing (3:47)
02. White Christmas (3:14)
03. Silent Night - Away in a Manger (4:56)
04. Joy to the World (2:50)
05. Flurries (2:47)
06. What Child is This - We Three Kings - Carol of the Bells (6:02)
07. Remember When (3:2icon_cool.gif
08. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (3:22)
09. The First Noel - First Christmas (4:27)
10. Silent Snow (5:29)

Shannon Janssen Website

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Jazz (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: