SPRACIAUSTRALIA

Home FAQ Register Groups Classic Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic Lighting (international) -> Re: Help with intelligent lighting ?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBloon

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005 00:38    Post subject: Help with intelligent lighting ?! Reply with quote

Hello,
Could someone please take the time to give a condensed version of how a DMX controller
works with LED lights? A howto setup?

I just want to know an easy efficient way to begin learning this stuff. Get an easy set
up, then move into the technical aspects after practice with the "user-friendly" things.

It's the LED lights that have Red Green Blue in them. So, after a few weeks I have come to
the conclusion I need a dmx controller and a few LED lights. I want to customize the color
of my lights for each application needed.

Searching the net, after wandering through pages and pages of expensive lighting systems,
I finally come to whats supposed to be explanations of DMX controllers, It gets into
packets, switches, protocols, all kind of technical stuff. Which I read through, but
eventually it always digs down too esoteric for the beginner. I want "plug this in here"
and "turn this dial" and "flip this switch". Or something similar if possible. Todays my
day off and I haven't gotten to the library or the bookstore yet.

To begin, I buy 3 RGB LED lights and set up in my studio. Next I buy a DMX
controller(?). I break out with the pantone color swatch guide, pick a color, and then. .
. .

???

Thanx.

lightGod

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2006 13:17    Post subject: Re: Help with intelligent lighting ?! Reply with quote

Yes icon_biggrin.gif, I can help.
What make and model LED fixture are you trying to control?
Light God

Robin_Banks

PostPosted: 15 May 2006 23:52    Post subject: Re: Help with intelligent lighting ?! Reply with quote

Assign you Led to 1 ..there should be some dip switches on it somewhere.
Plug in your DMX lead, if your LED's are DMX controllable they should have
a 5 pin in/out plug/socket usually somewhere nere the power cable, plug the female
into your LED and the Male into your controller.

read the manual for your LED's
there will be a bit that tells you what channel controls what function of your LED's
Eg channel 1 might be intencity, channel 2 might be red, channel 3 might be green, channel
4 might be blue

so by adjusting the intencitys of the channels through the desk or controller
you will be able to control the colour and intencity of your new LED's

hope that helps

T

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Lighting (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: